The Diabetic's Healthy Exchanges Cookbookby JoAnna M. Lund, Janet Meirelles (Introduction)
Just because you’re on a “restricted diet” doesn’t mean you have to be a slave to the bland and boring. Now you can eat exciting, tantalizing foods, control your condition and weight, and stay heart-healthy, all with one comprehensive cookbook. JoAnna Lund’s
Real food for people living in the real world with diabetes.
Just because you’re on a “restricted diet” doesn’t mean you have to be a slave to the bland and boring. Now you can eat exciting, tantalizing foods, control your condition and weight, and stay heart-healthy, all with one comprehensive cookbook. JoAnna Lund’s Healthy Exchanges works because every one of these recipes must, according to her four basic rules, be:
• Low in Fat and Sugar: A diabetic demands less sugar, less fat, and lower cholesterol.
• Easy to Make: If it takes longer to cook than to eat, you won’t see it in this book.
• Made from Ordinary Ingredients: If you can’t find it in a local supermarket, you won’t find it in this book.
• As Tasty and Good as It Looks: If a dish doesn’t satisfy every sense, the way old family favorites do, it won’t get eaten—no matter how healthy it is!
The Diabetic’s Healthy Exchanges Cookbook features more than 150 kitchen- and family-tested recipes, complete with all diabetic and weight-loss exchanges, as well as information on calories and fat content, plenty of helpful hints, and a good dose of encouragement.
“I recommend [JoAnna’s recipes] to my diabetic patients.”—Donna S. Conway, RN, BSN, MA, CDE
“. . . Creative, fun, EASY, very tasty . . . my diabetic patients’ favorites!”—Yvonne Guthrie, RD, CDE
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.51(w) x 8.22(h) x 0.88(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I bought this book first.. and right away I started using it.. I liked it so much I went out and bought all the books I could find in our local book store.. I can't wait to get my hands on the other ones Joanna has written.. Because of her time and efforts I can enjoy healthy cooking again!