Diagnostic Neuroradiology / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
* Comprehensive reference manual on neuroradiology
• Lavishly illustrated with over 7,000 illustrations
• First European book on this topic
• Absolutely up-to-date In this monograph, the authors summarize their findings in complex neuroimaging work (cranio-, spondylo-, myelo- and angiography as well as CT and MR imaging of the brain and spine) during their longstanding experience at the N. Burdenko Neurosurgical Institute in Moscow. The book begins with a review of modern neuroimaging techniques: CT and MR angiography, perfusion and diffusion imaging, tractography, spectroscopy and functional MR imaging. The problems and various other aspects of diagnosis of intra- and extra-axial brain tumors (more than 30,000 verified cases) as well as of cerebrovascular, infectious, demyelinating, degenerative and traumatic brain and spine lesions are discussed. The volume is well illustrated with angiographic, CT and MR images of complex diagnostic studies. The numerous images represent a "visual text," which can be used as an atlas by practical clinicians. This book is a comprehensive reference manual for neurologists, neurotraumatologists and radiologists. It may also be of interest to technicians, medical physicists, students and other specialists interested in neurovisualization and diagnostic imaging.
|Publisher:||Springer Berlin Heidelberg|
|Product dimensions:||9.50(w) x 11.60(h) x 2.30(d)|
About the Author
Valery N. Kornienko, MD, PhD, head of the Neuroimaging Dept. of the Burdenko Neurosurgical Institute RAMS in Moscow, Russia. Doctor of medical science, professor, honorary scientist of the Russian Federation, author of 12 monographs on neuroradiology and more than 500 scientific publications.
Igor N. Pronin, MD, PhD, professor at the Neuroimaging Dept. of the Burdenko Neurosurgical Institute RAMS in Moscow, Russia. Author of 2 monographs on neuroradiology and 220 scientific publications.
Table of Contents
Neuroradiology: History and New Research Technologies.- Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Skull.- Cerebrovascular Diseases and Malformations of the Brain.- Supratentorial Tumours.- Pineal Region Tumours.- Sellar and Parasellar Tumours.- Infratentorial Tumours.- Tumours of the Meninges.- Head Trauma.- Hydrocephalus.- Intracranial Infections.- Toxic and Metabolic Disorders.- Demyelinating Diseases of the Central Nervous System.- Neurodegenerative Disorders of the Central Nervous System.- Spine and Spinal Cord Disorders.