This comprehensive book provides students with a "grand tour" of the tools needed to measure digital activity and implement best practices for using data to inform marketing strategy. It is the first text of its kind to introduce students to analytics platforms from a practical marketing perspective.
Demonstrating how to integrate large amounts of data from web, digital, social, and search platforms, this helpful guide offers actionable insights into data analysis, explaining how to "connect the dots" and "humanize" information to make effective marketing decisions. The author covers timely topics, such as social media, web analytics, marketing analytics challenges, and dashboards, helping students to make sense of business measurement challenges, extract insights, and take effective actions. The book’s experiential approach, combined with chapter objectives, summaries, and review questions, will engage readers, deepening learning by helping them to think outside the box.
Filled with engaging, interactive exercises, and interesting insights from an industry expert, this book will appeal to students of digital marketing, online marketing, and analytics. A companion website features an instructor’s manual, test bank, and PowerPoint slides.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Marshall Sponder holds a dual appointment as a Faculty Lecturer at Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, USA, where he teaches digital analytics, text analytics, and Internet marketing to graduate and undergraduate students, and an Associate Professor of Professional Practice at Rutgers Business School, USA.
Gohar F. Khan is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. His research interests included social media analytics, social media adoption/use, and network analysis. His work on social media and information systems has appeared in several refereed journals, conference proceedings, and books.
Table of Contents
1. The Evolution of Digital Analytics and The Internet
2. Search Engines & The Internet
3. Social Media History
4. Digital Analytics Industry Players
5. Basic Web Analytics and Web Intelligence
6. Advanced Web Analytics and Web Intelligence
7. Understanding and Working with Third-Party Data
8. An Introduction to Social Media Analytics
9. Leveraging Social Media Content and Analytics
10. Advanced Text Analytics & Algorithms
11. Geolocation Analytics
12. Social Media Actions Analytics
13. Social Media Hyperlink Analytics
14. Network Analysis and Social Network Mapping
15. Mobile Analytics
16. Aligning Digital Media with Business Strategy
17. Applying Digital Analytics to a Social Network