With the rapid increase in quality of both digital cameras and desktop printing devices, photographers are increasingly aware of color management techniques. The Digital Color Printing Handbook explains all the major tools to control color, from shooting to printing, in clear, jargon-free language. Author Tim Daly reveals how to proof, preview, and predict colors more accurately and how to troubleshoot when things go wrong. These techniques work with all major software-or readers can download resources from the author's own Web site. Lavishly illustrated with the author's own stunning photos, both a handy reference and a creative companion, The Digital Color Printing Handbook is a priceless guide to getting the most from digital color photography.
• Easy-to-understand color management for realism or special effects
• Dozens of step-by-step examples
• Clear directions for everything from purchasing hardware and software to printing the final picture
• Includes author's secret "color recipes" that mimic color print styles
• Companion to best-selling The Digital Printing Handbook-more than 10,000 copies sold!-as well as The Digital Photography Handbook-5,000 sold
Tim Daly is the author of the top-selling Digital Printing Handbook (0-8174-3827-0) as well as The Digital Photography Handbook (0-8174-3793-2). A commercial photographer and professor of digital and fine art photography and printing, he contributes to many leading photography magazines. He lives in London.