Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Practical and comprehensive, this resource offers up-to-date coverage of computed radiography, digital radiography, and PACS. It explores the differences between conventional and digital imaging systems and how computed and digital radiography systems fit within the radiology department. State-of-the art information on image acquisition, exposure guidelines, and quality control help you obtain the best possible radiographs. You’ll also learn about PACS workstations, archiving, film digitization, image printing, and more.
• Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is at just the right level for student radiographers and practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
• Chapter outlines, learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter orient readers to the chapter content and assist with organizing study and comprehension.
• Bulleted summaries recap the main points of the chapter, ensuring you focus on the most important concepts conveyed by the chapter.
• Review questions at the end of each chapter are linked to the chapter objectives.
• The latest on CR and DR function and image enhancement and processing based on recently published research keeps you current with today’s imaging requirements.
• Complete coverage of PACS workstations, archiving solutions and system architectures provides a sound basis for understanding how individual systems work.
• Comprehensive quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR and DR prepare you for on the job success.
• Careful alignment with digital imaging information required by the ASRT Core Curriculum ensures you are current with today’s procedures and modalities.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction
1. Introduction to Digital Radiography and PACS
Part II: Basic Principles of Digital Radiography
2. Digital Image Characteristics
3. Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manipulation
Part III: Digital Image Acquisition
4. Photostimulable Phosphor Image Capture
5. Flat Panel Array Image Acquisition
6. CCD/ CMOS Image Capture
Part IV: PACS
7. Basic Computer Principles
8. Networking and Communication Basics
9. PACS Fundamentals
10. PACS Archiving and Peripherals
Part V: Quality Control and Quality Management
11. Ensuring Quality in PACS
12. Quality Acceptance Testing within Digital Projection Imaging