Digital Video Distribution in Broadband, Television, Mobile and Converged Networks: Trends, Challenges and Solutionsby Sanjoy Paul
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A unique treatment of digital video distribution technology in a business context, Digital Video Distribution in Broadband, Television, Mobile and Converged Networks explores a range of diverse topics within the field through a combination of theory and practice to provide the best possible insight and exposure. The theoretical foundations inside assist a fuller understanding of the technologies used in practice, while real-world examples are correspondingly used to emphasize the applicability of theory in the commercial world.
Fully illustrated throughout to help explain the fundamental concepts of digital media distribution, Digital Video Distribution in Broadband, Television, Mobile and Converged Networks is divided into three major parts starting initially with the basic industry trends that have been driving the adoption of video and making its distribution over the Internet an economically viable solution.
This is followed with detail descriptions of challenges and solutions in distributing video in ‘open’ networks such as the Internet. The final part focuses on the challenges and solutions for distributing video in ‘closed’ networks such as the managed network of Telcos.
- Provides an A to Z of digital video distribution featuring technology, business, research, products and case studies.
- Features research topics exploring P2P Streaming, Digital Video Distribution over Disruption-Tolerant Networks and Scalable Video on Demand.
- Includes real world product descriptions on Transcoders, such as Rhozet, and IPTV Quality of Service Monitoring product, such as Ineoquest.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 12 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews