A No-Nonsense Plan for Making a Living Writing Online
The Internet has opened a world of opportunities for would-be writers. Now, anyone with a computer and Internet access can get their knowledge, thoughts and passion out to the masses with little to no barrier to entry. Moms and teenagers have become rich blogging about their lives and interests. Freelance writers unable to break into the magazine market, are now making a living writing for online media. Authors with an inch-high stack of rejections are now epublished and being offered traditional publishing contracts. You can join them!
Digital Writer Success: How to Make a Living Writing Online provides budding writers with information and resources needed to earn income from blogging, freelance writing and/or epublishing including:
• How to choose the best writing topics for maximum income potential.
• How to quickly, easily, and affordably set up a blog that makes money through a variety of income-stream options.
• How to get hired to write content for businesses and online media sources.
• Ebook publishing from start to finish including how to pitch digital publishers or self-publish through major e-tailers, such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks and more.
• How to market blogs, freelance writing services and books.
• Systems and tools to save time and effort when managing and marketing a writing career.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||588 KB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction 3 Part I: Getting Started 6 Chapter One: Establishing Your Digital Writing Career 7 Chapter Two: Setting Up Your Home Office and Writer's Toolbox 12 Part II: Building a Money-Making Blog 18 Chapter Three: Choosing a Profitable Blog Topic 19 Chapter Four: Setting Up Your Blog 29 Chapter Five: Adding Content to Your Blog 42 Chapter Six: Promoting Your Blog 47 Chapter Seven: Making Money with Your Blog 80 Part III: Freelance Writing Online 90 Chapter Eight: Laying the Ground Work 91 Chapter Nine: Getting Hired: Applying and Pitching 113 Chapter Ten: Managing the Work 130 Chapter Eleven: Creating a Professional Writer Image 141 Part IV: ePublishing Success 148 Chapter Twelve: Publishing eBooks 149 Chapter Thirteen: Building an Author Platform 157 Chapter Fourteen: Pitching Your Book to ePublishers 171 Chapter Fifteen: Preparing Your Book for Self-ePublishing 185 Chapter Sixteen: Publishing Your Book 213 Chapter Seventeen: Selling Your Book 230 Appendices 246 Appendix A: General Writer Resources 247 Appendix B: Blogging Resources 250 Appendix C: Freelance Writer Resources 253 Appendix D: ePublishing Author Resources 257