Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Portugal is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on Portugal's top experiences. Cruise through the canals of Aveiro, tour the Alto Douro wine country, or walk the medieval town of Evora; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Portugal:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, festivals, cuisine, religion, architecture
- Over 60 colour maps
- Covers Lisbon, Porto, the Algarve, Evora, Rio Douro Valley, Braga, Coimbra, Aveiro, Sintra, Obidos, Sagres & Cabo de Sao Vicente and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Portugal, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Portugal's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet Portugal guide.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times