• Self-help • Spiritual Development
After the death of his wife, David Kuenzli began a transformative inner journey. Was it possible, he wondered, to find deeper happiness, even while facing some of life's most painful and difficult challenges?
DIVING DEEPER: Mastering the Five Pools of Happiness will help you discover the steps to create an enduring sense of happiness - even when faced with adversity and suffering.
Using a unique paradigm for understanding and creating deeper happiness, Kuenzli describes the five pools (or levels) of happiness, and the turbulent waters and dangerous undertows to avoid.
Diving Deeper also includes more than three dozen heart-warming and inspiring essays written by David Kuenzli's friends, as they reflect on what life passions bring them joy.
In Diving Deeper: Mastering the Five Pools of Happiness you will discover ways to:
* Savor the pleasures of life.
* Achieve a balanced sense of success.
* Create a more meaningful life by discovering your life passions.
* Find your "heart's passion" and learn to use it to make a positive difference in the world.
* Transform pain and suffering into deeper happiness and joy.
* Be fully present to your inner and outer life.
"Diving Deeper: Mastering the Five Pools of Happiness is a wonderful synthesis of psychological insight, personal reflections, charming metaphors, and gentle invitations to "jump in" and become more fully immersed in the waters of life. David has engagingly framed what might be called the perennial philosophy of happiness."
- Tim Burns, Wellness Educator and author of From Risk to Resiliency
"Diving Deeper is rare in its power to impact your life. David Kuenzli integrates the wisdom of philosophers and spiritual healers with the edginess of scientists, then adds his own practical spin gleaned from decades of therapeutic work with clients. The warmth and honesty of his message is nurturing and inspirational. Diving Deeper will challenge and confront you --but you'll discover your path to personal happiness has been newly illuminated."
- Rob Horowitz, PhD, Clinical psychologist, and co-author of Birthing From Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation
"A path toward deep happiness from an author and therapist who has 'walked the walk.' Full of practical ideas that will help you along the way."
- Victor S. Johnston, PhD, professor of psychology, and author of Why We Feel: The Science of Human Emotions.