Quick Prep: Divorce Proceedings in New York highlights key stages in the process of preparing a strategy for a divorce case in New York. Featuring partners from firms across the state, these experts discuss the multiple responsibilities a family law attorney takes on in walking their client through the process of divorce and what unique challenges are present in New York law. The featured attorneys share what types of documents must be gathered, the role experts might play in the case, and the techniques for resolving the dispute collaboratively. Additionally, the authors offer advice for counseling emotional clients, handling hostile situations between the two parties, and taking the best interests of children into account. In a concise and relevant manner, these authors identify the key issues that family lawyers face during divorce proceedings in New York and offer up their thoughts on the best practices at each stage.
|Product dimensions:||5.30(w) x 8.30(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of ContentsChapters Include:
1. Suzanne L. Brunsting, Collaborative Family Law Attorney and Sole Practitioner, Suzanne L. Brunsting Esq. - "Collaborative Divorce-Balanced Calm for Troubled Waters"
2. Peter E. Bronstein, Partner and Chair, The Bronstein Schuck & Poller Matrimonial Group, Dreier LLP - "What Takes So Long? The Complexities of Divorcing in New York"
3. Judith E. Siegel-Baum, Partner, WolfBlock LLP - "Divorce Preparation-Making the Best of a Difficult Situation"
4. Willem H. Gravett and Margaretha L. Gravett, Partners, Gravett & Gravett - "Guiding Your Client Through a New York Divorce"
5. Edgar De Leon, Attorney and Owner, De Leon & Associates PLLC - "Taking Control of Your Case"