Reduce your utility bill and your carbon footprint
This hands-on guide shows you how to access your home's energy efficiency, and offers 140 energy- and money-saving solutions you can use right away. Inside, you'll find simple, no- and low-cost measures to identify problems and increase your home's livability and efficiency--as well as your expendable income--each and every year.
Whether you're moving into a brand new home, buying an existing property, or improving your current residence, you'll find the practical tips and step-by-step projects inside Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits will dramatically reduce your energy usage and boost your savings in no time.
Discover how to:
- Implement immediate no- and low-cost improvements for lighting, heating, electricity, insulation, water use, and more
- Identify and modify the most costly appliances in your home
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Develop a personal energy plan
- Determine how and when to contract your green renovation
- Understand ratings, standards, and conversions
- Fund your green home improvement projects and take advantage of grants, rebates, and tax incentives
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||9 MB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Increase Your Home's Comfort and Increase Your Income; Chapter 2. Home Improvements You Can Do Today at No Cost to You; Chapter 3. Low-Cost Solutions; Chapter 4. Chief Home Energy Expenses; Chapter 5. Personal and Global Environments (They are One and the Same); Chapter 6. Creating a Personal Energy Plan; Chapter 7. How and When to Contract Out Your Green Renovation; Chapter 8. Large Renovation Projects; Chapter 9. Standards, Conversions, and Green References; Chapter 10. Funding Your Green Home-Improvement Projects; Index