Isadore Rosenfeld, one of America's most trusted doctors, says there is a real link between the foods you eat and your health. Cutting through nutritional hype, myths, trends, and complex information, he offers specific food recommendations to treat more than fifty common health problems and conditions. Based on the latest research and supplemented with sensible menus and nutrition charts that also show you which foods to avoid, this definitive guide reveals:
- How vitamins C and A can help prevent cataracts
- The effect of garlic on your blood pressure, cholesterol, and immune system
- Which vitamins and supplements can help prevent Alzheimer's, osteoporosis, cancer, and stroke
- How to use antioxidants to combat heart disease and slow down aging
- How coffee can help an acute asthma attack.
What You Eat Really Can Make A Difference!
In Doctor, What Should I Eat?, Dr. Rosenfeld offers nutrition prescriptions--many as surprising as they are effective--to help you prevent or recover from a variety of ailments, including:
- Parkinson's disease: when "good" food and healthy multivitamins can harm you!
- Infertility: the right foods could conceivably help you get pregnant
- Heart disease: can a glass of wine really protect you?
- Premenstrual syndrome: a doctor gives you his blessing to
- Diet and sex: can what you eat rev up your love life?
- Jet lag: fly first class, eat economy
- Hyperactivity: the sugar myth
- Multiple sclerosis: a high-fat diet may actually be good for you!
Dr. Rosenfeld's sound, accessible advice on these and many other ailments will help you and your doctor work together more effectively for your good health.
|Publisher:||Grand Central Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||4.25(w) x 6.75(h) x 0.88(d)|