Doctor Who: Character Encyclopedia

Doctor Who: Character Encyclopedia

Hardcover

$15.37 $16.99 Save 10% Current price is $15.37, Original price is $16.99. You Save 10%.
Eligible for FREE SHIPPING
  • Get it by Friday, January 19 ,  Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

See All Customer Reviews

Doctor Who: Character Encyclopedia 4.6 out of 5 based on 0 ratings. 11 reviews.
markferguson2737MF More than 1 year ago
Highly reccomended for Whovians. It contains all the information you need/ want. Great book if you want to catch up on the new season.
Brian-Jezuit More than 1 year ago
I'm 38 & have been watching 'Doctor Who' since I was 6. I'm what one would consider a true 'Whovian'. Around every decade-passed anniversary of the series, there is @ least 1 lavish book written about the history of 'Who' up to that point in time. This 'Character Encyclopedia' is no exception as far as Tradition goes, but as far as the quality of books goes-much different story! This is one amazing volume. It contains not only profiles of all 11 Doctors, but all of the Companion &, their Families, as well. Almost every foe, monster, or alien that The Doctor has ever encountered is here too. There is a "Data File" w/ all of the characters that list the home planet, special talents or powers, & even (& I love this) which Doctor or Doctors the Companion or foe has met or fought against! There are full-color photo portraits of each character, as well as stills from the story or stories that they have been featured in. The one great thing about this book is that it doesn't just feature the villans that The Doctor faced multiple times (i.e., Daleks, Cybermen, Omega, Yeti, etc.), but also includes the ones that were only in one story (i.e., The Krynoids, Sharez Jek, Morbious, Axons, & of more recent days the Reapers, Jagrafass, Slitheens, etc.). This is a must-have volume on all true Whovian's bookshelves! I purchased it about 2 or 3 days before I went home for the week of Christmas to be w/ Family. I had a 9& 1/2 hour Train ride & this book kept me occupied for 80% of the trip, I kid you not! The other 20% & much of my spare time during my vacation was taken up by "Doctor Who : The Vault". A beautiful 50th Anniversary volume...my next review!    
TST More than 1 year ago
This is a wonderfully written synopsis of all the characters in Doctor Who, including the 11th Doctor and his companions.
leeniebeenie More than 1 year ago
My 11 year old grandson is a BIG Dr Who fan and he was thrilled to receive this book for his birthhday. He reads it every day. Grandma did good!
sarah45502 More than 1 year ago
I bought this as a gift for my husband and boss. They both love this book. My boss spent an entire day reviewing the characters and finding episodes she's missed. I had to buy my husband the book because he whined that I bought my boss one and not him one. He was very excited on Christmas morning. I recommend buying this for any Doctor Who fan.
franm More than 1 year ago
If you are a "Whovian", you should get this definite book to see the Doctors friends & enemies!!! I LOVE this book & love Doctor Who!!!!!!!!!!111111
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
This encyclopedia is really helpful when trying to remember and sort out all of the different creatures and characters from Doctor Who. My only advice is if you haven't finished season 7 with Matt Smith, do not even open the book. Spoilers.
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
I only skimmed thru this book as I bought it as a gift for my daughter for Christmas. I was impressed with all the pictures. I think all Doctor Who fans will like this book.
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
Great choice for fans of the show!!
floridakeys More than 1 year ago
great detailed book!