Doing More Business on the Internet: How the Electronic Highway Is Transforming American Companies / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Doing More Business on the Internet Mary J. Cronin Business connections are the fastest growing component of the Internet, but many managers don't know where to turn for strategic, comprehensive information on how to make the most of online technology. Doing More Business on the Internet, Mary J. Cronin's follow-up to her best-selling First Edition, provides the essentials that every business needs to get started on the Internetand to gain the competitive edge required in today's global market. By distilling the experiences of over 100 companies that have used the Internet, Cronin offers an insightful, value-added framework for using the Internet strategically, as well as cost-effectively. You'll learn how to establish a global presence, improve customer support and service, identify and explore new markets, and top into the vast resources of interactive networks to boost productivity and encourage innovation within your organization. Doing More Business on the Internet offers complete coverage of the hottest business topics, such as:
• Creating a World Wide Web home page, and using it to attract customers around the world
• How to develop an Internet plan that best suits your business
• The art of Intermarketing interacting with customers and outshining competitors by taking advantage of the Web's graphics, sound, and video capabilities
• Vital business information resources, including electronic journals, research reports, and discussion groupsand how to find them without getting lost in "cyberspace"
• The most effective commercial applications on the Internet and how they can add value to any business
Here's what critics had to say about the blockbuster First Edition! "Catch the wave. Cronin guides you through the steps of getting connected, and shows you different ways to tap information for research, business partnerships, and more." Erika Kotite, Entrepreneur "Read this bookor get (your superiors) to read it. Doing Business on the Internet is superb for nontechnical managerial types.." Steve Deyo, Computer User "One of the most thorough, up-to-date guides available for everyone from information managers to librarians and entrepreneurs." Electronic Publishing "A must-read for anyone who wonders how money can be made in cyberspace." Thomas Forbes, Folio
|Product dimensions:||6.16(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.99(d)|
Table of Contents
The World of Networked Information.
A Manager's Guide to the Internet.
The Desktop as Global Village.
Reach Out and TouchEveryone.
Transforming Research and Development.
The Entrepreneurial Edge.
Putting the Network to Work.
The Home Page Advantage.