Write more and worry less! Move your writing and your passion from the edges to the center of your life as you discover:
• Why writing isn't all about "talent"
• The value of taking creative risks
• How to embrace imperfection
• Ways to manage doubts and put setbacks in perspective
• Reasons to let your fear--and your joy--take the lead
• The myth of the one big break
• How to choose which advice to listen to--and which to discard
• The power of writing without apologies
• Why following your creative passion may be the most practical thing you can do
Acclaimed author Janni Lee Simner has spent the past quarter century writing books, short stories, interactive fiction, and nonfiction for teens, children, and adults. In Doing What You Love she shares down-to-earth strategies for how to get started--and how to keep going--living a creative life.
About the Author
Her post-apocalyptic Bones of Faerie trilogy is set after the war between the human and faerie realms has destroyed the world, leaving behind a land filled with deadly magic. The first book, Bones of Faerie, was dubbed, “Pure, stunning, impossible to put down or forget,” by World Fantasy Award winner Jane Yolen. School Library Journal describes the second book, Faerie Winter, as, “A hauntingly exquisite portrait of a postapocalyptic world.”
She’s also the author of Thief Eyes, a contemporary young adult fantasy based on the Icelandic sagas; of the kids’ adventure story Tiernay West, Professional Adventurer; of the short-story collection Unicorn Seasons; and of three more novels and more than 30 more short stories, including appearances in Welcome to Bordertown and Cricket magazine.
Her short story, “Drawing the Moon,” was turned into a short independent film, and she recently wrote the script for the video game The Huntsman: Winter’s Curse.
Doing What You Love is the second book of the Writing Life series, which began with Finding Your Sense of Place.
To learn more about Janni Lee Simner’s work visit her website at www.simner.com.