"If you want to write and get paid for it, start by reading this book. Kelly James-Enger spells out what you need to do to succeed from from getting ideas to seeing your work in print and online to getting a check in the mail. Great advice served with wisdom and a can-do spirit."
--Elfrieda Abbe, former editor and publisher of The Writer magazine
Love to write? Why not get paid to do so? Dollars and Deadlines: Make Money Writing Articles for Print and Online Markets shows you how to launch a freelance article writing career from scratch. Whether you want to freelance fulltime or simply want to make extra money from home, you'll learn how to:
• Come up with article ideas;
• Identify potential markets for your work;
• Pitch ideas to print and online markets;
• Locate, contact, and interview expert and anecdotal sources;
• Write different types of articles, including shorts, quizzes, profiles, and features;
• Decipher and negotiate freelance contracts;
• Operate as a business, not a hobby (and take legitimate tax deductions);
• Create your own writing templates;
• Develop regular clients; and
• Take your writing career to the next level.
Dollars and Deadlines takes you through a dozen of the author's published articles, describing how they were originated, researched, and written. You'll find dozens of templates and examples along with real-world advice to take you from an unpublished newbie to a published-and paid-freelance writer.
Author Kelly James-Enger has been a fulltime freelancer for more than 16 years; her work has appeared in more than 60 national magazines including Redbook, Self, Runner's World, Fitness, and Parents. She's the author of books including Six-Figure Freelancing: The Writer's Guide to Making More Money, second edition, and Writer For Hire: 101 Secrets to Freelance Success. A contributing editor at The Writer, she blogs about making more money in less time at http://dollarsanddeadlines.blogspot.com.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.39(d)|