- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
For over 100 years, health care professionals have relied on Dorland's for its unmatched comprehensiveness, accuracy, clarity, and ease of use. Now, the 30th Edition of the world's finest medical dictionary features an all-new design with full-color, three-dimensional line art, color photography, and diagnostic and pathologic images. The New Edition features more than 125,000 terms, including over 3,000 new terms -- over 800 related to complementary and alternative medicine -- as well as improved and expanded appendices. An accompanying CD-ROM includes the Dorland's Spellchecker program.
- NEW! CD ROM spell checker, electronic version 4.0 and PDA. Both packaged within the book, is available FREE to all purchasers
- NEW! Full online access to the dictionary online at www.dorlands.com - fully searchable and FREE to all purchasers
- Broader coverage reflects new advances and current usage - Over 125 000 definitions of which over 3000 totally NEW entries have been added and many others have been substantially revised to reflect new advances and current usage
- Over 1050 illustrations to increase clarity and understanding - and nearly all in full colour!
- Updated and reorganized appendices speed access to essential information
- Thumb tabs: An index that can be used with the dictionary closed and give readers fingertip access to the information they refer to frequently
- Includes drug names (listed in alphabetical order) and synonyms
- Added value: FREE CD-ROM spell checker, PDA and online dictionary!
- Over 475 new full-color line drawings
- Approximately 600 full-color photographs
- Head words now in color
- Color tables and appendices
- Approximately 800 new terms from Complementary and Alternative Medicine mirror the increasing popularity of non-traditional treatments.
- Appendices have been reorganized and expanded to feature additional material of interest to medical transcriptionists and other specialty groups.