In the Dorland's series of specialized word books, this effective, time-saving tool is ideal for transcribing, editing, and proofreading documents related to laboratory/pathology. Dorland's Laboratory/Pathology Word Book for Medical Transcriptionists offers convenient access to words most often used in the lab, drawn from the latest edition of Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary for accuracy and dependability. It consists of two sections: Terms, a straightforward and easy-to-use list of words; and Resources, which includes an index of bacteriology terms and a table of normal values of laboratory tests.
• Customized for medical transcriptionists by transcriptionists from the latest edition of Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary to make this book uniquely useful and reliable.
• Increases productivity and efficiency by providing information on a full range of laboratory/pathology words, from common words often used in practice to those that are rare or difficult to find.
• Presents an alphabetical listing of all words associated with: key laboratory/pathology phrases; acronyms and abbreviations; diagnostic tests and diagnoses; and pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic procedures.
• Includes an index of bacteriology terms and a table of normal values of laboratory tests.
• Words are organized in a quick-reference format, including cross-referencing of words, so the reader can find the correct word on the first attempt.