- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This reader-friendly guide helps veterinary nurses and technicians use calculations to determine dosage rates, anesthetic flow rates, radiography exposure rates, parenteral nutrition, and more. Self-assessment questions, examples, logos, clinical hints and tips clarify important concepts and ensure that readers master everything they need to know about calculations in their day-to-day clinical environment.
• Content covers everything readers need to know about veterinary nursing calculations in a user-friendly format.
• All aspects of mathematics that apply to veterinary nursing and technology are clearly explained.
• Extensive illustrations clarify important points and help readers understand the material.
• Self-test sections, plus clinical hints and tips, ensure retention of core facts.
• Guidance on avoiding potential pitfalls and common errors is provided.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of Contents
Forewords by Joy Howell & Margi Sirois
1. Calculations involving fractions
2. Decimals & percentages
3. Scientific notation
4. Ratio & proportion
5. Dimensional analysis
6. Clinical applications of basic principles
7. Measurement systems
8. Oral medication
9. Parenteral medication
10. Clinical problems using dosage calculations
12. Clinical problems using solutions
13. Intravenous fluids
14. Constant rate infusions
16. Clinical problems using dilutions
17. Anaesthesia & nutrition applications
18. Statistics & quality control