Dosage Calculations / Edition 8 available in Paperback
This best-selling resource presents the principles of calculating medication dosages emphasizing the formula method - D/H x Q= X. The expanded math coverage includes: a pretest; post tests at the end of each section; two chapters of math review.
- Contains updated photos and illustrations of equipment and drug labels
- New critical thinking scenarios show the implications of medication errors and how they can be prevented
- A new chapter on reconstitution of noninjectable solutions includes topical irrigants, soaks, and nutritional formulas and feedings applicable in home health care s well as other health care settings
- Hundreds of new practice problems reinforce key principles and concepts of dosage calculations throughout, with answers and many solutions to provide immediate feedback
- Applies calculations across the life span
- Contains extensive content on insulin and heparin calculations
- Discusses methods used to calculate intravenous administrations, including advanced concepts
- Provides alternative problem-solving approach using ratio-proportion method
- Two comprehensive practice tests cover the key areas of dosage calculations taught in the book
- Interactive CD-ROM contains additional test questions
|Series:||Available Titles 321 Calc!Dosage Calculations Online Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Gloria D. Pickar, R.N., Ed.D., is President and Chief Academic Officer of Compass Knowledge Group in Orlando, Florida. She is a former Academic Dean at Seminole State College in Sanford, Florida. She is also the author of nine editions of best-selling DOSAGE CALCULATIONS.
Table of ContentsSECTION I MATHEMATICS REVIEW: Diagnostic Evaluation. Chapter 1 Math Review- Arabic Numbers, Roman NumberalsFraction and Decimals. Chapter 2 Math Review-Ratio, Percent, Simple Equations, Ratios and Proportions. Section I: Self-Evaluation, Time and Temperature. SECTION II MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS, DRUG ORDERS, & DRUG LABELS: Chapter 3 Systems of Measurement. Chapter 4 Conversions: Metric, Apothecary and Household Systems. Chapter 5 Conversions for Other Clinical Applications. Chapter 6 Equipment Used in Dosages Measurement. Chapter 7 Interpreting Drug Orders. Chapter 8 Understanding Drug Labels. Section II: Self-Evaluation. SECTION III DRUG DOSAGE CALCULATIONS: Chapter 9 Oral Dosages of Drugs. Chapter 10 Parenteral Dosage of Drugs. Chapter 11 Calculating with Ratio and Proportion. Chapter 12 Pediatric Dosages. Section III: Self-Evaluationt. SECTION IV ADVANCED CALCULATION: Chapter 13 Reconstitution of Non-Injectable Solutions. Chapter 14 Intravenous Solutions, Equipment and Calculations. Chapter 15 Advanced Pediatric Calculations. Chapter 16 Advanced Adult Calculations. Section IV Self-Evaluation. Essential Skills Evaluation Comprehensive Skills Evaluation. Answer Key. Index.