What can one of the most successful coaches in the history of professional basketball tell CEOs, executives, entrepreneurs, and managers about leadership? Everything! In this fascinating account of his nearly seven decades as a player, coach, general manager, goodwill ambassador, color commentator, and NBA analyst for ESPN, basketball legend Dr. Jack Ramsay reveals the guiding principles and best practices that make for outstanding leadership both on and off the court.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.81(d)|
About the Author
DR. JACK RAMSAY is one of the most respected basketball minds of his generation, and one of the most successful coaches in basketball history; when he retired from coaching in 1989, his 864 wins were second all-time to the legendary Red Auerbach. He currently works as a pro basketball analyst for ESPN.
Table of Contents
Introduction Hoop Journey: From Barn Door to the NBA.
1. Lace ’em Up: The Foundations of Success.
2. Home Court Advantage: Teaching and Learning.
3. Three-Pointer: Communicate, Communicate, Communicate.
4. Taking Possession: Job Readiness.
5. Fast Break: Maximizing Opportunities.
6. Leadership Playbook: Accepting Responsibility.
7. The Inside Man: Internal Leadership.
8. The Game Plan: Making Decisions.
9. At the Buzzer: How to Win, How to Lose.
10. Transition Game: Succeeding on the Court of Life.
Epilogue The Triangle Defense: Family, Fun, Friends.