EVERY MAN NEEDS THIS BOOK! Each year, more than 200,00 American men are diagnosed with prostate cancer. The good news is that more men are being cured of this disease than ever before. Now in a revised second edition, this lifesaving guide by Dr. Patrick Walsh and ard-winning science writer Janet Farrar Worthington offers a message of hope to every man facing this illness. Prostate cancer is a different disease in every manwhich means that the right treatment varies for each man. Giving you a second opinion from the world's top experts in surgery, pathology, urology, and radiation and medical oncology, this book helps you determine the best plan for you. Learn:
- What causes prostate canceryour risk factors, including heredity, diet, and environment
- How some simple changes in your diet and lifestyle can help prevent or delay the disease
- Why the digital rectal exam and PSA test can save your lifeand when to get these tests
- The latest treatment options: from Dr. Walsh's "nerve-sparing" radical prostatectomy to new radiation techniques, laparoscopic procedures, and new drugs that are revolutionizing treatment of advanced cancer
- The most effective methods for maintaining continence and potency after treatment.
|Publisher:||Grand Central Publishing|
|Edition description:||Revised and Updated|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.60(d)|
About the Author
DR. PATRICK C. WALSH lives in Baltimore, Maryland.JANET FARRAR WORTHINGTON lives in Hydes, Maryland.