Make your fantasy world a reality.
Conjure up the mythical heroes and fantastical beasts that roam your imagination. With just a pencil, some paper - and perhaps a broadsword - you can unleash the mighty monsters of your mind, including deadly dragons and brutish orcs, or ethereal inhabitants such as elegant elves and mermaids.
Artist and dragon expert J "NeonDragon" Peffer (along with Dolosus, her fire-breathing dragon familiar) will give you tips and tricks to help you create your own unique fantasy world full of legends, fairy tales and things that go bump in the night. Surpass the drawing skills of mere mortals with this master collection of easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction.
- Learn to build even the most elaborate characters through simple color-coded diagrams demonstrating how to use basic shapes, three-dimensional shading and a variety of color schemes.
- Create complete scenes, and enhance your creations by learning how to draw believable backgrounds.
- Discover how to relay facial expression and personality.
- Accessorize your mythical minions with a variety of unique details such as beards, wings, fins, hooves, fangs and tusks.
- Dress your Victorian vampires and noble centaurs in fantasy fashions to make them warriors, rangers, clerics, peasants, or any role you can imagine.
In fantasy, there are no rules, and anything is possible. The more you draw, the better you'll get. It's your world: Now go create it.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Jessica "NeonDragon" Peffer is an illustrator and author of IMPACT's DragonArt How to Draw Fantastic Dragons and Fantasy Creatures, DragonArt Fantasy Characters and DragonArt Evolution. Her site, http://neondragonart.com, averages about 10,000 visitors per month.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Overall great book. I bought this a few years ago and they still have not fixed some of the pages that look like a digitally scanned disaster. There is a big green rectangular streak and some blocks across one of the red dragon images wings. It would have taken someone less than 5 mind to page through and fix, but still have not.
My 14-year-old disappeared into a maze of concentration and didn't come out for hours. He loves drawing from this book. He was just fascinated and hasn't lost interest yet!
Is that a supernatural reference?
I found this book to be one of the most useful of all. This author has taken great deal of indepth effort to show others how to draw fantasy style art. With many ideas and methods to go about your way of drawing your comic or drawing of dragons or other fantasy theme. Also showing many illastrations so well worth it even worth getting the hard copy as well.
OMG they are sooooooo helpful when learning how to draw!