Dreamweaver CC: The Missing Manual / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Dreamweaver CC is a powerful tool for designing all kinds of websites, from those with simple, static pages to interactive, media-driven sites for desktop, laptop, and mobile devices. But the program still doesn’t include a printed guide to all its amazing capabilities. That’s where this Missing Manual comes in. With hands-on tutorials and thorough coverage of every feature, you’ll learn how to build, deploy, and manage sites whether you’re an experienced designer or just getting started.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Dive into page design. Quickly learn the basics of working with text, images, links, and tables.
- Edit pages in Live view. Dynamically add elements to live pages and immediately see the results.
- Design once, and for all. Build fluid-grid sites that reformat themselves for desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers.
- Examine page structure. Troubleshoot problems using the new Element Quick View to see the hierarchy of HTML elements.
- Style with ease. Use the enhanced CSS Designer to copy and paste styles, set margins and padding, and add or delete selectors.
- Enhance Dreamweaver. Add new program features with Add-Ons that integrate directly with Dreamweaver.
- Bring your pages to life. Use jQuery UI to add interactive page elements like tabbed panels, collapsible content sections, and dialog boxes.
- Create universal pages. Avoid browser incompatibility issues by using surefire workarounds.
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.70(w) x 9.20(h) x 2.10(d)|
About the Author
Christopher Grover lives in Fairfax, California with his wife and two daughters. Chris received degrees in Creative Writing and Film from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. He's worked as a technical writer, advertising copywriter and product publicist for more than 25 years. His freelance articles have been published in a variety of magazines from Fine Homebuilding to CD-ROM World. Chris's latest project is launching Bolinas Road Creative, an agency that helps small businesses promote their products and services. He's also the author of Word 2007: The Missing Manual and Word 2007 for Starters: The Missing Manual.
Table of Contents
The Missing Credits
Part 1: Building a Web Page
Chapter 1: Dreamweaver CC Guided Tour
Chapter 2: Working with Text
Chapter 3: Introducing Cascading Style Sheets
Chapter 4: Links
Chapter 5: Images
Chapter 6: Tables
Chapter 7: HTML Under the Hood
Chapter 8: Find and Replace
Part 2: Building a Better Web Page
Chapter 9: Advanced CSS
Chapter 10: Page Layout
Chapter 11: Troubleshooting CSS
Chapter 12: Designing Websites for Mobile Devices
Part 3: Bringing Your Pages to Life
Chapter 13: Adding Interactivity with jQuery
Chapter 14: Forms
Chapter 15: Adding Sound, Video, and Animation
Part 4: Managing a Website
Chapter 16: Introducing Site Management
Chapter 17: Testing Your Site
Chapter 18: Moving Your Site to the Internet
Part 5: Dreamweaver CC Power
Chapter 19: Snippets and Libraries
Chapter 20: Templates
Chapter 21: Customizing Dreamweaver
Chapter 22: Working with Server-Side Programming
Part 6: Appendixes
Dreamweaver CC, Menu by Menu
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
That was the reason y