- Pub. Date:
A downpour of childhood abuse left Debbie Roth drenched in pain and anger that hindered her relationships with others and with God. For a long time, she hid her misery, refusing to acknowledge its existence—until a fresh betrayal set change in motion. As a storm raged in her present, the dam holding back the pain of her past broke open. Try as she might, Debbie could no longer stand in the raging waters and pretend to enjoy the sun. She had to find a way to survive the flood.
Combining stories from her journey with truths from God’s word, Debbie maps a route to share how you, too, can:
• recognize and acknowledge your pain;
• understand God’s forgiveness, grace, and mercy;
• apply God’s forgiveness to those who may never ask for yours;
• trust God’s promises of comfort, peace, rest, and hope;
• be refreshed and enabled to truly worship God; and
• turn your misery into ministry.
With relevant scripture passages and points for guided reflection, Debbie invites you to seek God’s presence in your storms and to experience release from your pain, drenched instead by the healing comfort of God’s love.