Could Nolan's lifelong fear of drowning be connected to the spooky cabin from his nightmares, and the lake surrounded by creepy, crawling mist?
"...reminds me of the books I grew up with by RL Stine and Christopher Pike. If you loved those, these will be perfect." ~ BookLover
In an attempt to help Nolan get over his fears, his Dad signs him up for a summer camp near Lake Weird. Ever since Nolan heard the news, he's been having nightmares about an abandoned cabin near a lake, and about him drowning in water thick as blood.
He's certain his nightmares are related to his fear of drowning, but when he arrives at summer camp, and finds out there's a cabin near Lake Weird that matches the withered cabin from his nightmares, he realizes something more sinister is going on.
"My daughters and I love the 'Weirdville' series! These books are great for kids who enjoy a little spooky reading but not something so scary they can't sleep." ~ A. LeBlanc
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the fourth book in the "Weirdville" series of spooky-fun adventures. These chapter books are perfect for young readers aged 7-11. [DRM-Free]
Books by Majanka Verstraete:
- Weirdville – Book 1: "The Doll Maker"
- Weirdville – Book 2: "House of Horrors"
- Weirdville – Book 3: "Fright Train"
- Weirdville – Book 4: "Drowning in Fear"
- Weirdville – Book 5: "The Clumsy Magician"
- Weirdville – Book 6: "Grave Error"
- "Valentina and the Haunted Mansion" (1)
- "Valentina and the Whackadoodle Witch" (2)
- "Valentina and the Masked Mummy" (3)
More Great Kids' Books from Evolved Publishing
- "The Balderdash Saga" Series by J.W. Zulauf
- The "Emlyn and the Gremlin" Series by Steff F. Kneff
- The "Sully P. Snooferpoot" Series by Aaron Shaw Ph.D.
- "Thomas and the Tiger Turtle" and "Bella and the Blue Genie" by Jonathan Gould
About the Author
Majanka Verstraete begged her Mom to teach her how to read while she was still in kindergarten. By the time she finished fifth grade, she had read through the entire children’s section of her hometown library.
She wrote her first story when she was seven years old, and hasn’t stopped writing since. With an imagination that never sleeps, and hundreds of possible book characters screaming for her attention, writing is more than a passion for her.