Drug Calculations: Process & Problems for Clinical Practice / Edition 7 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This resource provides all the information, explanation, and practice needed to competently and confidently calculate drug dosages. The content features extensive coverage of the ratio and proportion method of drug calculation in a full-color workbook, including a logical step-by-step format for all problems and a "proof" step in the answer key to ensure that the users understand each calculation. Each copy is packaged with the Daugherty & Romans' Dosages and Solutions CD-ROM companion.
- Ratio and proportion method used throughout presents a logical, accurate, and consistent method of calculation.
- Step-by-Step format for each problem includes a "proof" step, providing a tool for readers to check their comprehension and ensure accuracy.
- Clinical Alerts highlight potential and common drug calculation errors.
- Patient Safety chapter helps the reader prevent medication errors and understand drug labels, medication administration forms, and physician's order forms.
- Critical Thinking Exercises aid in applying analytical skills and dosage calculations to clinical practice.
- Coverage of life span issues includes a separate chapter on Children's Dosages.
- Worksheets with a series of practice problems follow each section proceeding from a simple to complex format, promoting active learning and application of drug calculation.
- Chapter Finals cover diagnostic-related content problems and help students measure their knowledge.
- Clear, concise explanations throughout include Examples to ensure comprehension.
- Pertinent content highlighted through Rules, Steps, and Remembers, making information easy to find.
- A number of full-color drug labels and equipment illustrations provide a realistic representation of medication administration.
- Each copy is packaged with the Daugherty & Romans' Dosages and Solutions CD-ROM Companion.
- Multiple-Choice Worksheets are now included with each chapter. The answer key contains a completely worked out solution to each problem, assisting with NCLEX preparation.
- A new chapter on Dimensional Analysis provides exposure to this increasingly popular method of calculation.
- Content on Parenteral Nutrition has been reorganized to form a new chapter.
- A Multiple-Choice Final at the end of the book offers additional practice and helps to review and evaluate what has been learned.
- Chapter Introductions provide general discussion of content and help readers understand chapter expectations.
- Updated syringes throughout present readers with a more realistic representation of those used in practice.
- Sample Medical Administration Records reflect chapter content and familiarize the reader with this vital documentation tool.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.38(w) x 0.69(h) x 10.90(d)|
Table of ContentsGeneral Mathematics Self-Assessment
1. General Mathematics
2. Ratio and Proportion
3. Patient Safety: Errors, Orders, Labels, and Records
4. Metric Calculations
5. Medications from Powders and Crystals
6. Basic IV Calculations
7. Advanced IV Calculations
8. Parenteral Nutrition
11. Children's Dosages
12. Dimensional Analysis
Multiple Choice Final