Symphonie fantastique for orchestra ("Episode de la vie d'un Artiste...en cinq parties"), H.48 (Op. 14)
- No. 1, Reveries; Passions (12:54)
- No. 2, A Ball (06:08)
- No. 3, Scene in the Country (15:30)
- No. 4, March to the Scaffold (04:35)
- No. 5, Dream of a Sabbath Night: Larghetto. Allegro (03:12)
- No. 5, Dream of a Sabbath Night: Dies irae (01:46)
- No. 5, Dream of a Sabbath Night: Sabbath Round (02:44)
- No. 5, Dream of a Sabbath Night: Sabbath Round (01:51)
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (L'apprenti sorcier), symphonic scherzo for orchestra (10:29)
- Night on Bald Mountain (Noch' na Lïsoy gore), symphonic poem, edited by Rimsky-Korsakov (11:40)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Dukas: Sorcerer's Aprentice; Mussorgsky: Night on Bald Mountain based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
I was hoping the performance of the Sorcerer's Aprentice would have been better. I bought the recording for that piece and I felt that it fell short. You can get an idea of all three pieces on the disc from these recordings but I wouldn't use them to actually study the music. I didn't feel that the orchestra was playing together all of the time. Things were very loose. I didn't feel that all the parts were executed properly and with as much vigor as they could have been. If you are looking for a recording of Night on Bald Mountain I would recommend the one on the Sony label entitled Great Performances. It is on one disc along with Pictures at an Exhibition, conducted by Bernstein. You will be much happier with that. I purchased both of these recordings around the same time and can assure you that when you listen to both version of Night on Bald Mountain back to back there is no comparison. Good Luck.