Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Includes Step-by-Step Instructions on Using Internet Explorer and Outlook Express the Web and E-Mail Software from Microsoft Designed for Windows 98! If you've been itching to explore the Internet, now is the time to start! Dummies 101®: The Internet For Windows® 98 brings you easy, step-by-step instructions to quickly connect you to the Net right from your desktop. Research any topic, get tons of free programs, shop online, and more! Inside, Get the Information You Need Now:
- Click any of 200 hand-picked Web sites on this book's CD-ROM to cruise to the very best sites on the Internet
- Find virtually any person or fact you need on the Web
- Choose from thousands of fabulous free programs, picture files, and audio and video clips
- Send and receive e-mail and use our software robot to test your e-mail address
- Join online discussion groups, participate in live chat groups, and subscribe to electronic channels
- Create and publish your own Web pages
About the Author
About the Authors: Hy Bender has authored or coauthored ten computer books, including IDG Books Worldwide's bestselling Dummies 101®: The Internet For Windows® 95. Margaret Levine Young has coauthored over two dozen computer books, including IDG Books Worldwide's bestselling The Internet For Dummies®, 5th Edition.
Table of Contents
PART I: Swinging on the World Wide Web.
Unit 1: Getting Started with Internet Explorer.
Unit 2: Searching for Information on the Web.
Unit 3: Saving Information and Downloading Files.
Unit 4: Customizing the Browser.
PART II: Reading E-Mail and Usenet Newsgroups.
Unit 5: Getting Started with E-Mail.
Unit 6: More Mail Maneuvers.
Unit 7: Joining Usenet Newsgroups.
Unit 8: Tuning in to Channels.
Appendix A: Answers.
Appendix B: Using the Dummies 101 CD.
IDG Books Worldwide, Inc., End-User License Agreement.
Dummies 101 CD Installation Instructions.
Book Registration Information.