- Get it by Monday, August 28 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
In this installment of David Macaulay's World of Ancient Engineering, young viewers are introduced to the marvels of the Roman city, an astonishing achievement of civil engineering. Those familiar with Macaulay's books will find the same mix of line drawing and whimsical humor here, enhanced by animation and historical reenactment. More than a dry recounting, Macaulay's tales are narratives as well, with characters facing real dilemmas. Parents in search of videos to watch with their children will find this of value.
|Sound:||[Dolby Digital Stereo]|
2. Introduction: Layout of a City [7:35]
3. Conquest and Occupation of the Native Peoples of Gaul [7:38]
4. Water Delivery: Aqueducts and Bathhouses [4:57]
5. Corruption and Rebellion in the Provinces [5:27]
6. Wealthy and Working Class Cities [5:18]
7. Removing Local Rebellion and Corruption [6:47]
8. Spectator Events [7:10]
9. Threat Against Caesar [3:50]
10. Total Vision of Life [4:35]
11. Credits [1:50]
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
David Macaulay does an excellent job of bringing the ancient Roman city to life. He makes the viewer feel a part of the city.