Lost since its premiere on the BBC 50 years ago, this six-part Classic Doctor Who story has been meticulously animated based on the original audio recordings! One of the most celebrated Classic adventures, THE POWER OF THE DALEKS features the regeneration (or as it was called at the time ‘renewal’) of First Doctor William Hartnell into Second Doctor Patrick Troughton. After regenerating, the Doctor and his companions find themselves on the Earth colony Vulcan facing off against the Doctor’s oldest enemy - the Daleks.
- SERVANTS AND MASTERS: THE MAKING OF THE POWER OF THE DALEKS: A specially prepared documentary directed by John Kelly and featuring interviews with members of the original 1966 cast and crew.
- THE POWER OF THE DALEKS SURVIVING FOOTAGE & ORIGINAL TRAILER: A compilation of short film fragments and clips from the original 1966 BBC television production - the only surviving footage to remain of the show's original BBC1 run.
- ORIGINAL TITLE SEQUENCE - NEW RESTORATION: An unedited presentation of the full original 'Doctor Who' title sequence, prepared using an all new HD re-master of the original film elements.
- ANIMATION TEST FOOTAGE: A compilation of animation tests, created during the production of the new animated series.
- ANIMATION & PHOTO GALLERY: An extended gallery of images, featuring production photographs from the original 1966 series and artwork from the latest animated production, accompanied by incidental music from the story, which has been digitally re-mastered from the original music production tapes.
- ALTERNATIVE MONO TRACK: The option to listen to the story with a series of completely new digital re-masters of the original soundtrack. The story is presented with a default stereo mix, with an alternate 5.1 surround sound mix available as an additional option. A version of the original 1966 mono sound mix is also available. All these tracks have been digitally remastered from a variety of archive sources by the BBC Restoration Team's Mark Ayres and are completely new re-masters, prepared specially for this release.
- TELESNAP RECONSTRUCTION: Around 400 individual still frames of film exist from the original 1966 television production of 'The Power of the Daleks'. These images were kept in the program's production files by the BBC Written Archive Centre. These images are here combined with the program's soundtrack to present a photographic reconstruction of the original program. This reconstruction was previously made available as a special BBC CD ROM in 2005.
- AUDIO COMMENTARIES ON ALL SIX EPISODES: Members of the original cast and crew are joined by members of the new animation unit to discuss the production of the story and its new animated reconstruction. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- ORIGINAL CAMERA SCRIPTS: Selected items of original production paperwork and a complete set of original camera scripts are included on the disc as a series of digital files, which can be accessed on a home computer.
- ORIGINAL DALEK VOICE SESSION RECORDING (1966): Rare and previously unreleased sections from the studio recordings that were made at Maida Vale Studios in 1966 for the Dalek voices.
- BOOKLET WITH PRODUCTION NOTES: An extensively researched set of production notes, written by the noted television historian Andrew Pixley, covering the behind the scenes story of how the original production was made.