He was one of America's most beloved singer/songwriters, and although soft-spoken folk singer John Denver may be gone, his legacy lives on in this documentary detailing the life and work of the man who penned such timeless tunes as "Rocky Mountain High" and "Sunshine on My Shoulders." Presenting his life as seen through the eyes of those who knew him best, filmmaker Greg Poschman interviews friends and family to explore the gentle soul of a songwriter known for his humble ways and enduring love of nature. In addition to interviews with Annie Denver, producer Milt Okun, manager Hal Thau, and a host of musicians who worked closely with Denver, this release also features rare, never-before-seen footage of the songwriter.
|Sound:||[Dolby Digital Surround]|
Four bonus live performances; Photo gallery
2. The Beginning: "The Eagle and the Hawk" [4:45]
3. Taking Flight: "Leaving, on a Jet Plane" [4:51]
4. Taking on the World: "Take Me Home, Country Roads" [3:53]
5. A Steward of the Earth: "Aspenglow/Calypso" [6:18]
6. Joy and Sadness: "Sunshine on My Shoulders" [3:55]
7. The Embodiment of Love: "Annie's Song" [7:04]
8. The Showman: "Part of Amsterdam/Thank God I'm a Country Boy" [5:39]
9. Colored Tones: "Perhaps Love" [3:46]
10. American Heritage: "Rocky Mountain High" [5:51]
11. Timeless Denver: "This Old Guitar" [6:00]
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
It was wonderful to see and hear comments by Annie and others who were close to him.
This is one of my favorites and I watch it often - you can see some of his earliest performances and his later performances.