EDM, wireless access, listfeed programs, WAP, XML: They don't sound sweet, but these (and other) power-packed Web technologies are the honey that keep online customers coming back for more.
In the war for Web dominance, the site that converts visitors into loyal customers is the winner! When potential customers drop by a site, they expect an experience that's fast, hassle-free, and packed with useful features otherwise they'll click that "Back" button and be gone...maybe forever!
The E-Commerce Arsenal explains that mere icing-on-the-cake elements such as colorful graphics or "Flash" effects just don't cut it. Instead, this savvy book presents 12 powerful existing and emerging technologies that enable a Web site to do something that's tangibly valuable to customers. For example:
- Shopping "wizards" that help customers find an item (even when they don't know what it's called)
- Instant e-mail that confirms an order and gives a delivery date
- Personalization of the site for each customer's interests.
Both marketers (who don't know how these technologies work) and computer professionals (who want to grasp their profit potential) will find detailed information on these "killer apps." Divided into three areas (driving traffic, site functionality, and customer service), the book provides:
- A jargon-free explanation of each technology (what it can do and how it works)
- Examples of current sites using each technology (illustrated with screen captures)
- Resource information for implementing each technology.
|Product dimensions:||6.26(w) x 9.21(h) x 1.14(d)|