"A succinct and thought-provoking book for parents, teachers,and educators." —Library Journal
|Series:||Education and Social and Behavioral Science Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.12(w) x 9.84(h) x 2.36(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPart One: How Children Become Motivated to Learn.
1. Motivation: The Key to Learning.
2. Family, School, Culture: Powerful Influences.
3. Eagerness to Learn: Cultivating the Desire.
4. Grades, Homework, and Television: Thorny Concerns.
Part Two: How to Support a Child's Learning and SolveMotivational Problems.
5. Building a Positive Parent-Teacher Relationship.
6. Fostering Success in Learning.
7. Reducing Anxiety Over Tests and Grades.
8. Overcoming Boredom and Indifference.
9. Encouraging Effort and Perseverance.
Epilogue: Creating Friendship Between a Child and Learning.