Early Warning for Infectious Disease Outbreak: Theory and Practice is divided into three parts, with the first section introducing basic theory and key technologies of early warning and the basic principles of infectious disease surveillance. The second section introduces the technical details in the process of establishment, operation and usage of CIDARS and Pudong Syndromic Surveillance and the Early Warning System of the Shanghai World Expo.
The third part explores the study of early warning technology, collecting some useful exploration in the fields of infectious diseases involving sentinel setting, data analysis, influence factors study, calculation and evaluation of early warning models.
- Provide insights into the theory and practice of early warning systems that have been evaluated and shown to be effective
- Presents a synopsis of current state-of-the-art practices and a starting point for the development and evaluation of new methods
- Covers applied research and complete case studies that focus on local, regional, national and international implementation
- Includes techniques from other fields, such as intelligence and engineering
- Explores future innovations in biosurveillance, including advances in analytical methods, modeling and simulation
- Addresses policy and organizational issues related to the construction of biosurveillance systems
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||36 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Part 1: Theories and Key Technologies of Infectious Disease Early Warning Introduction to Theories and Key Technologies of Infectious Disease Early Warning 1. Introduction 2. Infectious Disease Surveillance in China 3. Development of Early Warning Models 4. Response to Early Warning Signals 5. Development of Early Warning Information Systems 6. Evaluation of Early Warning Systems
Part 2: Practices and Implementation of Early Warning Introduction to Practices and Implementation of Early Warning 7. China Infectious Diseases Automated-Alert and Response System (CIDARS) 8. Infectious Disease Surveillance and Early Warning System During Beijing Olympic Games 9. Pudong Syndromic Surveillance and Early Warning System During the EXPO 2010, Shanghai 10. Infectious Disease Surveillance and Early Warning After the Magnitude 8.0 Earthquake in China, 2008 11. Practical Application of an Infectious Disease Early Warning System in Baiyin City, Gansu Province, China 12. Early Warning Practice Using Internet-Based Data
Part 3: Exploratory Research on Early Warning Technology Introduction to Exploratory Research on Early Warning Technology 13. Biased Sentinel Hospital Area Disease Estimator 14. Applicability of Hospital-Based Respiratory and Gastrointestinal Syndromic Data for Early Warning 15. Early Detection for Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease Outbreaks 16. Study on Performance Comparison of Temporal Models 17. The Study on Modified Spatial Scan Statistic 18. Environmental Factors-Based Early Warning