Early Years Practitioner: A Level 2 Textbook / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
The fourth edition of this best-selling book, formerly known as Geraghty's Caring for Children, has been extensively revised and updated to link with the new National Occupational Standards and the qualifications on the QCA Framework of Qualifications for Child Care and Education. It covers the knowledge underpinning the Level 2 NVQ in Early Years Care and Education and the CACHE Level 2 certificate in Child Care and Education. It is also useful for classroom assistants, pre-school playgroup workers and students taking a GCSE in Child Care in the child care option of the Social Care award. Each chapter contains scenarios, assignments and portfolio exercises which are ideal for NVQ assessment or as course work material.
• Attractive format. Well illustrated and designed throughout. This is essential for the intended market which finds this particularly necessary. Many NVQ students have returned to education and can be frightened off by large academic looking textbooks. This book hits exactly the right note. Each chapter contains scenarios, assignments and portfolio exercises which are ideal for NVQ assessment or as course work material.Fully revised to meet current syllabus requirements with linkage to NVQ and CACHE award modules
• As mentioned previously, childcare qualifications are in a constant state of flux. This text will therefore provide an up to date resource for NVQ students. Appendix of useful addresses and resources
• Early Years Curriculum models Extensive references and suggestions for further reading
• All sections updated and revised fully. The new edition will include omissions from the previous edition such as information on meningitis in the child health section and other diets in the Diet and Nutrition chapter New illustrations added.
• Underpinning values in NVQs added and discussed. Incorporates workbook activities-Portfolio building/Essays/Observational activities
• Additional chapter on working with parents and as a member of a team.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||5.66(w) x 9.68(h) x 0.59(d)|
Table of Contents
Working with Children. Child Health. Child safety. Diet and Nutrition. Working with Babies. Child Development. Childrens Play and Education. Working with Parents and as a member of a team