A comprehensive survey of the countries and territories of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia, providing expert analysis and commentary and including up-to-date statistical and directory material.
- leading authorities on the region analyze topics of regional importance, including: the impact of the international economic crisis on Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia, the international relations of the countries of the region, environmental degradation, the politics of energy in the Caspian Sea region, the politics of water in Central Asia and poverty and social welfare.
Individual chapters on every country incorporating:
- an introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each country, including a map and chronology
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, covering area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, media and education
- a summary of the constitution
- a directory containing names, addresses, and contact details for the following areas: the government, legislature, local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judiciary, religion, the media, finance, trade and industry, transport, tourism, culture, social welfare, the environment, defence and education
- in-depth coverage of autonomous, sovereign and separatist territories, including Abkhazia, Nagornyi Karabakh, Transnistria and South Ossetia, and comprehensive information on each of the 83 constituent units of the Russian Federation
- a bibliography, providing sources for further research.
Who's Who in Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia
- biographical details of more than 160 of the leading political figures in the region.
- detailed information on the following: regional organizations; research institutes; a select periodicals bibliography and a select books bibliography.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||0.85(w) x 1.10(h) x 5.30(d)|