See it done. Do it yourself. It’s that Easy! Easy Computer Basics, Windows Vista Edition teaches you the fundamentals to help you get the most from your computer hardware and software. Fully illustrated steps with simple instructions guide you through each task, building the skills you need to do what you want to do. No need to feel intimidated; we’ll hold your hand every step of the way.
Learn how to…
- Set up and configure your new computer system
- Upgrade your computer with new hardware and software
- Use Windows Vista--and personalize it just for you
- Connect to the Internet for web surfing, email, and instant messaging
- Manage and edit digital photos with Windows Photo Gallery
- Play, copy, and burn your own music CDs--and download music from the Internet to play on your iPod
- Protect your family and your computer from viruses, spam, and spyware
- Set up a wireless home network and share your Internet connection with multiple computers
Easy steps guide you through each task.
Items you select or click are shown in bold.
Each step is fully illustrated.
Covers: General Computing
User Level: Beginning
Part 1: Understanding How Your Computer Works 2
Part 2: Setting Up and Using a Desktop PC 14
Part 3: Setting Up and Using a Notebook PC 28
Part 4: Using Microsoft Windows Vista 38
Part 5: Working with Files and Folders 62
Part 6: Using Microsoft Word 78
Part 7: Connecting to the Internet 96
Part 8: Setting Up a Wireless Home Network 132
Part 9: Playing Music and Movies 150
Part 10: Working with Digital Photos 168
Part 11: Adding New Devices to Your System 190
Part 12: Protecting Your Computer 200
Part 13: Taking Care of Your Computer 214
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Michael Miller is a successful and prolific author with a reputation for practical advice, technical accuracy, and an unerring empathy for the needs of his readers.
Mr. Miller has written more than 80 best-selling books over the past two decades. His books for Que include Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Computer Basics, Absolute Beginner’s Guide to eBay, How Microsoft Windows Vista Works, Your First Notebook PC, and Photopedia: The Ultimate Digital Photography Resource. He is known for his casual, easy-to-read writing style and his practical, real-world advice--as well as his ability to explain a wide variety of complex topics to an everyday audience.
You can email Mr. Miller directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. His website is located at www.molehillgroup.com.