This paean to Brazilian cuisine contains a rich historical perspective on food origins and extensive background on regional dishes, including recipes. With the bilingual aids provided, navigating market and menu is a breeze.
The second edition of Eat Smart in Brazil comes with a new cover design, as well as an updated resources chapter. In addition, the index has been supplemented with a Portuguese translation for each English entry, making the book more useful for any traveler.
In this edition of Eat Smart
· Tour a variety of Brazilian kitchens to see how cooking styles differ region to region
· Get tips on increasing your savvy in Brazil’s outdoor markets and supermarkets
· Learn helpful phrases for use in restaurants, food markets, and more
· Use a comprehensive glossary of ingredients, kitchen utensils, and cooking methods in Portuguese
· Learn to prepare easy recipes:
Camarão na Moranga (Winter squash with shrimp)
Pão de Queijo (Cheese Rolls)
Quindim de Yá-Yá (Young girl's dessert)
|Publisher:||University of Wisconsin Press|
|Series:||Eat Smart Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Joan Peterson is an experienced world traveler and the author of the Eat Smart guides to the food of Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland, Morocco, India, Peru and Turkey.