A plain-English guide to avoiding legal troubles in cyberspace.
U.S. Internet-related revenue will surge to $196.1 billion in the year 2000. At the same time, over 100 Internet-related laws were proposed in the last Congress! eBusiness Legal Kit For Dummies provides plain-English explanations of the pertinent legal topics that small business owners need to understand to maintain a succuessful e-business. A CD-ROM provides valuable checklists, forms, sample letters, and agreements. This handy guide explores
- Copyright law and permission issues surrounding information usage on Web sites
- Pending legislation on taxation, privacy issues, e-mail solicitation lists, and more
- Requirements and logistics of forming online contracts and strategic alliancesincluding point-and-click and Web wrap agreements
- Domain names and trademarkshow to register and protect them
- Licensing and distribution agreements
|Series:||For Dummies Series|
|Edition description:||BK&CD ROM|
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.24(h) x 0.98(d)|
About the Author
Susan P. Butler is an attorney representing individuals and small businesses working in the Internet/new media and entertainment industries. She is also a legal columnist for ZDNet's small business channel.