Economist Pocket Internet / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Profile Books Limited
- The technology behind the Internet and how it's changing
- The information society
- The business of e-business
- The players influencing the shape of the Internet; An A-Z of key terms and jargon from @ to Avatar, through the differences between Hackers and Crackers, all the way to Xanadu and Zapata; A wide range of appendices, including
- A brief history of the Internet
- Strategic advice on using search engines, choosing an ISP, planning a web presence, connecting on the move, downloading software, shopping on the Net
- Hundreds of recommended web sites.
Author Biography: Sean Greer has been writing about IT for more than ten years. Following a spell as manager of Wired, he is now a freelance writer and consultant specialising in Internet-related issues.