Frommer's. The best trips start here.
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer.
- Complete coverage of Edinburgh's and Glasgow's famed festivals.
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip whatever your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
Find great deals and book your trip at Frommers.com
About the Author
Barry Shelby was born 1960 in Berkeley, California, and he graduated from the University of California in 1982. He later received a master's degree in journalism from Northwestern University in Illinois. For 13 years, he was an editor at World Press Review magazine in Manhattan. Since moving to Scotland in 1997, he has been a castle caretaker on the Clyde Coast, as a "temp" with the national railway company, and a freelance contributor to newspapers and magazines, including the Guardian, the Glasgow Herald, and The List.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
What’s New in Edinburgh & Glasgow.
1. The Best of Edinburgh & Glasgow.
2. Planning Your Trip to Edinburgh & Glasgow.
3. Suggested Edinburgh & Glasgow Itineraries.
4. Getting to Know Edinburgh.
5. Where to Stay in Edinburgh.
6. Where to Dine in Edinburgh.
7. Exploring Edinburgh.
8. Edinburgh Strolls.
9. Shopping Edinburgh.
10. Edinburgh After Dark.
11. Side Trips from Edinburgh.
12. Getting to Know Glasgow.
13. Where to Stay in Glasgow.
14. Where to Dine in Glasgow.
15. Exploring Glasgow
16. Glasgow City Strolls.
17. Glasgow Shopping.
18. Glasgow After Dark.
19. Side Trips from Glasgow.
Appendix A: Edinburgh & Glasgow in Depth.