Educating Young Children in a Diverse Society / Edition 1 available in Paperback
|Publisher:||Allyn & Bacon, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.91(w) x 9.06(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
Foreword by Asa Hilliard.
1. Recognizing Diversity in Early Childhood Education.
2. The Impact of Ethnicity, Gender, and Social Class on Young Children.
3. Developmentally Appropriate Practice and Multicultural Instruction.
4. The Young Child's Curriculum and Multiculturalism.
5. The Significance of Ethnic and Gender Identity in Childhood.
6. The Concept of Culture and Early Childhood Education.
7. Gender Awareness for the Early Childhood Classroom.
8. A Sociological View of the Young Child.
9. The Importance of Research for Teachers of Young Children.
10. Young Children and Education for an Interdependent World.