Increase literacy learning with multimedia technologies!
Educational Computing in the Schools: Technology, Communication, and Literacy examines critical issues of technology, teaching, and learning through the areas of access, communication, and literacy to help students from preschool to college get the most out of using computers for educational purposes. As an educator interested in technology applications in the classroom, you will discover new ideas and practices for gaining access to and correctly using technology in education such as using electronic journaling, libraries, and chat rooms. This important book explores areas such as using the Internet to foster literacy growth in developing nations, connecting schools and communities, and the use of technology to enhance early literacy.
This important book explores examples of creating access to technology for learning at three levels: state, community, and international. You will discover new facets of online publishing to teach reading and learn how multimedia technology can accommodate various learning styles. Educational Computing in the Schools gives you access to new ideas for your school or educational programs with several innovative ideas and programs, including:
- using LemonLINK, which links schools and communities with the latest technologies
- exploring the creation of the Highlights for Children Web site and chat room which is complete with actual messages sent to the online publication by children, and an overview of the online team that works to keep the sight educational and appropriate
- using computers to encourage and help children to play and learn
- requesting more multimedia equipment in classrooms based on the projected impact of the Internet, the networking of schools, and the increased availability of grants and funding for technology
- connecting technologically disadvantaged schools and countries with technologically enriched ones to benefit students
Educational Computing in the Schools covers many of the challenges and issues that schools are facing today concerning teaching and learning with technology. This important book focuses on making technology accessible and incorporating new styles of communication, teaching, and learning into the classroom. This vital book will improve computer literacy in your school and make educational topics exciting and readily available to students.