Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package / Edition 11 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
Comprehensive yet accessible
The updated Eleventh Edition of Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications introduces research mainly at a “how-to” skill and application level. A total instructional system, the book includes stated learning outcomes, instruction, and procedures for evaluating each outcome. It supports readers as they develop expertise in research, learning key concepts and skills and becoming involved in the research process itself. The authors take a down-to-earth approach that helps the reader become both an educational researcher and a competent consumer of educational research. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded assessments with feedback and interactive activities with expert feedback that provide invaluable opportunities for readers to engage in the research process, identify key elements in a published report, analyze and evaluate published research, and practice specific tasks required for a research project.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134041038 / 9780134041032 Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 013385938X / 9780133859386 Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0133972062 / 9780133972061 Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Alternate Ordering Options
Educational Research is also available with MyEducationLab, either standalone or packaged with a loose-leaf version.
- Loose-leaf Version + MyEducationLab Access Card: 0134271718 / 9780134271712 Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications with MyEducationLab with Enhanced Pearson eText, Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 11/e
- MyEducationLab Access Card only: 0134253892 / 9780134253893 MyEducationLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Geoffrey E. Mills
A native of Australia, Geoff moved to the USA in 1986 to undertake doctoral studies at the University of Oregon. After completing his Ph.D. in 1988, Geoff accepted his first teaching position at Southern Oregon State College (now Southern Oregon University). After 12 years of teaching, Geoff moved into university administration and was Dean and Professor of Education in the School of Education for 12 years. Geoff returned to teaching at Southern Oregon University in 2012 and now teaches educational leadership and educational research.
Geoff has traveled extensively and given invited presentations in Australia, New Zealand, Greenland, United Kingdom, Canada, and many states in the US. Geoff is also the author of Action Research: A Guide for the Teacher Researcher, now in its 5th edition.
Table of Contents
Part I Foundational Concepts and Processes
CHAPTER 1 Introduction to Educational Research
CHAPTER 2 Selecting and Defining a Research Topic
CHAPTER 3 Reviewing the Literature
CHAPTER 4 Preparing and Evaluating a Research Plan
CHAPTER 5 Selecting a Sample
CHAPTER 6 Selecting Measuring Instruments
Part II Research Designs
CHAPTER 7 Survey Research
CHAPTER 8 Correlational Research
CHAPTER 9 Causal—Comparative Research
CHAPTER 10 Experimental Research
CHAPTER 11 Single-Subject Experimental Research
CHAPTER 12 Narrative Research
CHAPTER 13 Ethnographic Research
CHAPTER 14 Case Study Research
CHAPTER 15 Mixed Methods Research
CHAPTER 16 Action Research
Part III Working with Quantitative and Qualitative data
CHAPTER 17 Descriptive Statistics
CHAPTER 18 Inferential Statistics
CHAPTER 19 Qualitative Data Collection
CHAPTER 20 Qualitative Data Analysis and Interpretation
Part IV Reporting and Critiquing Research
CHAPTER 21 Preparing a Research Report
CHAPTER 22 Evaluating a Research Report