Ease Symptoms, fight disease, and supercharge immunity-all without drugs or chemicals
You're about to enter an entirely different kind of drugstore. One where herbal medicines are offered right alongside conventional pharmaceuticals. The Herbal Drugstore is the only place where you can compare mainstream drug treatments and their herbal alternatives for close to 100 common health problems. You'll find herbs that have the same healing powers as many prescription and over-the-counter medications. But herbs are cheaper and gentler, with few or no side effects. Whether you need first aid in long-term relief, The Herbal Drugstore has a remedy for you.
- Want to lose your love handles? Get a helping hand from psyllium, an herbal alternative to appetite suppressants
- Can't sleep? Start snoozing with Valerian-it's as effective as Valium, but nonaddictive
- Feeling stressed? Calm jangled nerves with Kava-Kava-and it won't undermine alertness
- Battling bronchitis? Clear up your cough with licorice, a natural expectorant
- Trying to topple high blood pressure? Turn to Hawthorn. It has much in common with beta blockers-without the side effects.
The Herbal Drugstore features these and many more herbal remedies-712 in all. Each is compared to its pharmaceutical counterpart so you can decide which treatment is best for you.
|Publisher:||Rodale Press, Inc.|
|Edition description:||Spanish-language Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.69(w) x 9.61(h) x 1.35(d)|
About the Author
Linda B. White, M.D. has written for Nutrition Science News and Runner's World and lives in Golden, Colorado.
Steven Foster, one of America's most respect natural health authorities, is the author of 17 books including Tyler's Honest Herbal. He lives in Fayettesville, Arkansas.