The book as a whole gives a comprehensive treatment of fuses, and is not intended solely for those engaged in fuse development, design and production, but also for those responsible for planning and protection of electrical circuits and networks.
About the Author
Arthur Wright was Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Nottingham. His specialist expertise was in the fields of protective relaying and fuses.
Gordon Newbery has for over 40 years served the International Fuse Industry. He was Technical Director for Brush/Hawker Fusegear Limited and subsequently for the Bussmann Division of Cooper Industries in Europe.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Pre-arcing behaviour of cartridge fuselinks
- Chapter 3: Arcing behaviour of cartridge fuselinks
- Chapter 4: Constructions and types of low-voltage fuses
- Chapter 5: Constructions and types of high-voltage fuses
- Chapter 6: Constructions of miniature, plug and other small fuses
- Chapter 7: Application of fuses
- Chapter 8: International and national standards
- Chapter 9: Manufacture, quality assurance and inspection