Elementary Surveying / Edition 9 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
basic theory and practical material both for field and office work. Chapters are arranged in a logical and progressive order, with earlier chapters covering fundamentals suitable for a first course in surveying, and later chapters taking on advanced topics appropriate for a second course. Coverage includes the theory of errors and correlations of theory and practical field methods, as well as a review of traditional equipment such as tapes, levels, and theodolites. The ninth edition is completely in sync with new technology, and features a new chapter on the Geographic Information Systems (GISs); a rewritten chapter on state plane coordinates that accommodates changes resulting from NAD83; and updated and expanded coverage of total stations, automatic data collectors and the Global Positioning System (GPS). More than 900 end-of-chapter problems, updated in this edition, reinforce the text's message.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Edition description:||Older Edition (9TH EDITION)|
|Product dimensions:||7.75(w) x 9.44(h) x 1.37(d)|
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
1. Theory of Measurements and Errors.
2. Surveying Field Notes.
3. Distance Measurement; Taping.
4. Electronic Distance Measurement.
5. Leveling-Theory, Methods, and Equipment.
6. Leveling-Field Procedures and Computations.
7. Angles, Bearings, and Azimuths.
8. The Compass.
9. The Transit, Theodolite, and Total Station.
10. Field Operations with Transits, Theodolites, and Total Stations.
12. Traverse Computations.
15. Topographic Surveys.
17. Astronomical Observations.
18. Control Surveys.
19. Satellite and Inertial Surveying Systems.
20. State Plane Coordinates.
21. Boundary Surveys.
22. Surveys of Public Lands.
23. Construction Surveys.
24. Horizontal Curves.
25. Vertical Curves.
28. Introduction to Geographic Information Systems.
Appendix A: Testing and Adjusting Measurements.
Appendix B: Coordinate Geometry in Surveying Calculations.
Appendix C: Propagation of Random Errors and Least Squares Adjustment.
Appendix D: Example Note Forms.
Appendix E: Tables.
Appendix F: Computer Programs.
Appendix G Answers to Selected Problems.