Elements of Photonics, Volume II: For Fiber and Integrated Optics / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Provides a particularly good discussion of the electromagnetics of light in bounded media (i.e., fibers).
* The only book that treats the two complementary topics, fiber and integrated optics.
* A careful and thorough presentation of the topics that make it well suited for self-study.
* Includes numerous figures, problems and worked-out solutions.
* Discusses all the topics essential to modern optical communication systems including optical fibers, quantum electronics, optical amplifiers, and lasers among others.
* Concludes with a chapter that applies the design skills developed throughout the book to realistic problems in fiber optic communication systems.
* Heavily illustrated with over 300 figures specially formatted to aid in comprehension.
About the Author
KEIGO IIZUKA is a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto and a Fellow of the Optical Society of America
Table of Contents
Planar Optical Guides for Integrated Optics.
Optical Waveguides and Devices for Integrated Optics.
Modes and Dispersion in Optical Fibers.
Stationary and Solitary Solutions in a Nonlinear Medium.
Communicating by Fiber Optics.