Elephant a quarterly magazine from the makers of Framefocuses its keen eye on art and visual culture.
Lately, creative individuals have been protesting against the corporate nature of things, often taking the initiative and setting up new independent ventures. Elephant looks at how it’s done. Elephant visits art and design studios, peers over shoulders, steps on graffiti artists’ toes, disturbs rehearsals, interrupts takes, rides fixed-gear bikes, and plays the latest computer games.
Elephant’s tone of voice is direct, sincere and multidisciplinary. Elephant believes it’s time for less cynicism and more encouragement for outbursts of spontaneitythink of those that gave birth to futurism, dadaism and surrealism.
Elephant is the first and only visually oriented art magazine that features over two hundred pages of high-quality, up-to-date, original creative material from all over the world.
What readers find in each issue of Elephant:
- Open Files
- Inform readers of running and upcoming exhibitions all over the world that are definitely worth checking out.
- Puts artists in the spotlight through interviews and many visuals of their work.
- Shines a light on forecasts, movements, and styles.
- Includes chats in ateliers, garages, and back gardens.
- Looks very closely into the working process of one artist.
- Highlights creative cities around the globe, sharing images, characters, and special stories.
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Marc Valli: Marc Valli is a writer, founder of the retail chain Magma, and founder of Elephant magazine